Sunday, June 20, 2010

Product Review

A quick review.

I was at the target store looking around, its always exciting to just be in there. haha
I usually go to sephora for makeup or lotions etc..
but there was always this one product I always wanted to try at target but .. was too scared to try..
but luckily, today there was a representative for the line (no idea why) but she was there and it was really nice to talk to her.
This product company is from "boots"
they produce several different lines for various problems. I've seen them in magazines before along with olay as being one of the best "cheapest" products to use.

I was looking for a night cream because I ran out of my burts bees radiance night cream- which I feel was very good but felt like it doesn't hurt to try something new.

I liked the texture of the botanics line because they use ginseng, alfalfa, and some use grape extracts just like caudalie line does. The difference is the price.. I usually drop $40.00 for a lotion at sephora and for an itty bitty bottle, while the botanics boots line cost max $12.00. HUGE difference. I tested it on my wrist of course to make sure I'm not super allergic, and I was surprised to see how INCREDIBLY soft it made my skin! I was originally going to buy this huge bottle just cuz I liked the feeling of it, but the lady was like .. that's for VERY mature, old lady skin.. HAHAH and she referred me to the "pre-wrinkle creams" for younger people. Same concept but not as harsh. I consented and now i'm trying wrinkle reduction serum~ which I just used and am VERY happy with :) I know we don't have wrinkles now, but I think if we start now, it'll be better as we age.

But then she thought I might be using an intense moisturizer which isn't right for my skin- this can leave you with an oily residue etc.. and I was like oh?
She said I should use a lotion with sun protection and something that is light- this I totally agree with- and so for my DAY moisturizer we were reading up on the No. 7 line. - We both concluded the rebalancing lotion is right for my skin type.. and as of now I totally agree! Keeps you oil free longer. phew.

So today felt like a total success- not only will I be saving a LOT of money, but I can be happy with a new product. :) Glad I can test it. lol

Oh and fyi, they also have a vintage line, where they use vintage packaging. Just the look of it makes me giddy. I LOVE THE VINTAGE LOOK. It'll look good for my future house lol, next to my bathtub which will also be vintage :) I just really want to design my own home now. Excited for the future! but now i'm off topic lol.

I think my next post should be all the furniture I want in my future apt :)

1 comment:

  1. lol you are too cute. and im going to try this product if i ever see it

    ReplyDelete