Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Faith

Faith.

Its actually a beautiful thing.
It gets you out of the toughest situation,
gives you something to hope for
gives you something to reach out for
gives you a reason to live beyond yourself.

My faith is not so much a religion as it a relationship with someone beyond this world.
Its a hard thing to grasp. But its beautiful.
My faith isn't here to condemn anyone,
my faith teaches me to love others more than myself
my faith teaches me to be humble.
My faith also teaches me that I will fail because I am human, but that I can learn and try again to be a better person.

I think my faith is a beautiful thing.

When I am down like the way I was few days ago, I had NOTHING but faith to rely on, and prayer to get me healing quicker (even the doctor I spoke to told me, I healed fast).
James is probably my favorite book in the bible because it is so simple in what life is all about
"Cherish your hardships, because endurance builds character in life"

I'm sorry to all my friends...
I'm sorry for all the people that had made you guys gain a distorted image of what christians are. (you see, we only preach LOVE and Faith, not condemnation- they were wrong to do so)
I'm sorry that people have pushed and pressured you guys to see what you guys can not see,
I'm sorry for hypocrisy- even though we never claimed to be perfect (because we claim to be everything but that), we only strive to be better people.
I know there have been people that ruined FAITH for all- and that is sad.
But please don't take it away from me. Please let me be. Please let me have my faith in whatever, because its the only thing that helps me make it through this tough, hard, unpredictable life.
It's my faith to love. Not yours to hate. Thank You.

1 comment: