Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Friendship

Friendship...

Can be such a beautiful thing or deadly to any social life.
As people get older, I feel like the meaning of friendship becomes an issue.
When we were all younger, we played with whomever, whoever, whatever.
But as we mature into teenagers or adulthood, we become pickier and stick with people who we ultimately: Trust, use, or have the same interest.
No one is now just friends..
If you look around you, we only have a few we can call our best friends and many we can call our acquaintances. But how are we choosing, and why do many leave you abandoned?

Trust is a huge deal breaker. Not many people in this world are reliable, friendly, genuine, and ultimately trustworthy. I don't know why that is, maybe they just had a terrible childhood.. but there are so many people in this world you have to be weary about. Its so sad, but getting hurt by someone you think.. you thought... was such an amazing friend can leave you guarded and closed off, that no one would want to get close to you in the end. So to find those trustworthy friends, is like finding treasure. Something to cherish and never take for granted. Keep them close. :)

As we get older, I notice that people tend to latch on to people that are beneficial to them. Its such a selfish act, but I see more and more of this playing out. All I see behind those eyes are USERS. They use people to gain something, to get ahead for themselves. I hate people like this. They no longer have the need to care about another person, but themselves.. so they put on this facade and their amazing acting abilities to make you THINK they are your friends. Never let people step all over you.... you don't need people like this. They take everything from you- time and energy. Don't waste it. Use it on friends that are clearly your friends without strings attached.

Interest- A key thing to making people closer. I already have friends with WAY different interest than me- but we bonded because we initially had something in common. Now, even though everyone has grown up and gone a different path, the essence of familiarity has ultimately sealed the deal to life long friendship. I approve of this kind of friendship because it shows that they can survive through the ups and downs in life- and even separation. :) But now as I am on this path in life and I hardly see anyone with my interest, it makes it difficult for me to talk about my passions without a similar perspective being involved. That is why I am so excited to attend Grad school.. pray that I get in.. so that I can meet fellow peers engaging in the same activities as me, and I can bask in a friendship that is based on what we love to do. I'm excited for that.

Broken friendships- some are worth fixing and others are just meant to leave alone. People that were once so close to you, that now faded... is such a sad situation.. but it is life. It takes TWO to tango.. if one departs.. its the end of a wonderful friendship :/ .

1 comment:

  1. oo ooo where am i in this blog post?! :D am i the friend that initially had something in common with you but now we have gone our separate ways.. but i make the cut to be a lifelong friend!!?

    ReplyDelete