Monday, March 1, 2010

Love.

Do you honestly believe in true love? That the moment you find it in a person, they are the only ones for you? 

I used to think this way. I used to believe that life really COULD be a fairy tale or even to some degree. With every guy, came new expectations and new hopes. But with every guy came failure and disappointment. Still, I dreamed on that my prince charming was OUT there. That he will come find me and we will be happily ever after. 

eek! WRONG. 

Love is such a subjective term. Its no longer how we KNOW we feel, its a matter of how we THINK we feel. And just by that, love ceases to exist. Why? because our thoughts change, and our thoughts wander. If we knew something is a FACT, then its impossible for it to change. but we don't. 

Let's be realistic, we are all humans. What does that even mean? For some reason, everyone can agree that human nature has a dark side. A side that opposes what is good. So what is that dark side in EVERY human? dishonesty in every relationship. We let our minds wander and we start looking at other people thinking, wow they are so pretty or they are so sweet, I wonder what my life would be like with them? Yes, all of us have checked out other people but we expect our partners to NEVER do such a thing... but HA! They clearly do because they themselves are human. 

*sigh* If we can no longer see the person we're with as the ONLY person for us, then how do relationships possibly work? I don't get the functions and reality of it, basically what is the point? Maybe we all sugarcoat love, but it could perhaps be for everyone, bluntly speaking "designed to fill a VOID of loneliness, so we all settle with a guy we think will do for now until someone better comes along" 

My perspective on relationships are changing, and I can see that my fairy tale beliefs are no longer in existence. Nothing is too good to be true. This is life, we need to accept it for what it is, and not HOPE. 

1 comment: