Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Shopaholic

So I recently re- watched Confessions of a Shopaholic
and I couldn't help but think to myself.. Gah, she is so stupid..
just stop shopping!!

but then again.. I looked to myself..
and wondered "am I a shopaholic?"
I question myself sometimes

Not that I live extravagantly or even shop top notch brands
I mean, I am a pretty frugal person, look for sales, and cut out coupons
but the fact that I shop pretty often
I feel like I can be an "addict"

:/

I mean even spending $20 a day is still a lot of money
and doing the math I spend about $60- $80 a day..
but how.. and I wonder if I just STOP.. won't I be super rich?! :D lol

So I try to stop but I can't help but feel that I have NO clothes, and when I am craving something, I can't help but go buy it.
I swear I am a fat girl stuck in this little body.
but anyways, I vowed before my friend NEVER again will I SHOP nor eat out..
except these.. exceptions:
1) once a wk with friends (because I can't isolate myself forever!!! btw, I used to go out every day to have dinner with different friends, I have a problem with mixing them, I know i'm weird)
2) After a certain period of time, I am allowed to shop once a month

There was ONE slippage tho,
couple days ago, I had to rush out because I was late to work and I hated what I threw on
I felt like an old homeless grandma so I bought a cute tank top, but ppl that know me, are fully aware that I never have cash, and of courseeeee the register would say minimum purchase $10 to use card..
grr damn me.. so I scan the store for a quick 10 min, and find a REALLY cute top..
totals out to $20 for 2 shirts. not bad right? but major fail on my vow -_-
grr, but I have been somewhat good..

I used to have this belief that if you LOVE it to death, then you should buy it, because if you don't you will regret it, and it will be gone..
but now i'm thinking, "DO I NEED IT? and HOW LONG WILL I LOVE IT?"
very important questions to ask, and when you do, you will be surprised by your very own answer!!
:P

K I hope I can.. do this!

1 comment:

  1. Hahah Sharon, I used to have the same problems too. But as I got older, and realized that I don't need materialistic things or a ton of clothes, and that living a minimalistic life is easier. Now that I'm in grad school, most of my money goes towards paying off loans.
    Shopping less and eating out less will definitely help you be richer. lol.

    ReplyDelete