Friday, June 17, 2011

Being Single

When you're in a relationship,
you no longer have your own life.
As much as you do things apart,
you still have bear responsibility
to your other half,
you are consumed with them
you think about them
what they are doing
making sure you guys are communicating on a daily basis.
It's a lot of work
and its a lot of $ <- you spend like triple what you would being single.
Now all of this stuff isn't bad..
but because it is so time consuming
its only nice when you are fully prepared.

Some of us aren't ready
no matter how much we want a relationship with the special someone
I've realized that..
if we still have lingering dreams
we might have to reevaluate if you are READY.

I have great dreams,
to have a great career
to travel the world
to open a clinic in Africa
etc.
I would love to do this with someone..
but in reality this is my dream and no one elses.

I'm heading on my path,
and a lot of men have fallen short
they can't deal with women with such great ambitions..
when they are the last things on their mind.
I enjoy the feeling of a relationship
but I suck at being in one

I constantly make the guy a priority
I sacrifice my time to spend with them and less with friends/ family
I spend way too much money to buy them the best gifts..
and we eat out a LOT

soo all in all..
being single..
is actually so refreshing..
I do everything I need to do
and am becoming even more ambitious.

So many career minded women who have risen at the top
marry past their 30's and there is a reason
they let no man stop them in their tracks

I def. envy my friend nancy ly
who closes off the world so she can achieve her DREAMS
she made it at the age of 23 as a doctor of dental surgery.
HOW AMAZING is that?
there are great ppl in this world and I want to be one..
I feel like.. I'm just bubbling with so much energy..
so I can't wait to start my new life in NEW YORK
and ENJOY EVERYTHING IT has to offer

Good bye LA. I never liked you :(

No comments:

Post a Comment