Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My diet

I've realized all my blogs are about- Skin care, career choices, and diet plans. I think these three subjects consume my every thought and being.

I'm usually really good about the types of food I consume, but I think the past two weeks, I've really let myself go. I mean I know that indulging in sweets and what not is NOT awful if consumed in the right portions but I REALLY let myself go... and to top it off the guilt and.. results .. Let's just say I'm paying for my mistakes. lol.
Ok well it is never too late to start a good diet plan especially when you're young. And this diet plan isn't to make you SUPER skinny or anything- but the key word here being "healthy"! If you're healthy- you will automatically maintain a good weight and a lot more energy! Usually it takes me 2 days of detox to make me feel on track again- then a normal healthy diet begins.

what to do on a daily basis with your eating habits:
1) stay away from fried foods
2) Eat a wholesome breakfast- eggs, fruit smoothie, green tea, rice + side dishes, etc.
3) snack away in between meals- but on fruits or veggies- STAY AWAY FROM CHIPS and SODA .. (popcorn is actually a good alternative)
4) eat slowly- makes you full faster
5) share your meal with a friend.. I bought a box of full of pumpkin white chocolate chip cookies and.. if i hid them in my room, I know I would have eaten away at all of them.. leaving me 20 pounds heavier.. but that never happens because I leave my food in the kitchen, where my rat dad comes and devours 99.9% of it... leaving me with no choice but to only EAT one itty bitty cookie. Outside I become angry, but inside I'm secretly thankful lol.
6) I'm trying to stay away from DAIRY products- no bueno for my digestive system.
7) Try not to eat past 8:00 pm...
8) Don't eat then sleep right away, a dietician has told me, you can gain 5 lbs in an instant.
9) Sleep 8- 9 hrs a day. let your body heal.
10) Try to stay active during the day.. take the long way .. walk here and there... doing small active stuff like that makes u lose body fat... strenuous workouts actually make you KEEP body fat but build muscle.. interesting huh?
11) good luck to you and to me. :D Let's stay on track.

1 comment:

  1. i told you low activity like WALKING burns the fat. didn't you argue that jogging is better to burn the fat? psh. you researched it after HUH?

    ReplyDelete